Camp Mataponi takes a lot of pride in our beautiful and well-maintained facilities, which include:
- Waterfront: With over 5000 feet of beachfront, boating and swimming in Sebago Lake are two favorites at Mataponi. Campers participate in daily American Red Cross swimming lessons and have the opportunity to partake in Inter-camp swim competitions, sailing regattas and our infamous 1 mile swim that originates from our very own island.
- Waterski: Two skis, slaloming, tubing, knee boarding, wake boarding… Our water ski facility has it all. Early on, each camper learns how to water ski on the boom and then progresses to “behind the boat” as she masters the art of skiing on Sebago Lake. Three Moomba Outback ski boats are driven by our experienced instructors.
- Theater: Mataponi has a 50 foot outside theatrical stage with arena style seating as well as an indoor theater that has embodied camp for 100 years. Musicals, acting, singing, improv , stage management and set design are all mediums girls can learn in the theater program at Camp.
- Athletic Fields: Our multiple full sized soccer, lacrosse and field hockey fields are busy from morning to night. Instructional clinics as well as intra and inter camp games are played on these multipurpose fields.
- Ropes/Challenge Course: Our “challenge by choice” ropes center encompasses over 20 elements that are both low and high to meet the interests and needs of all level climbers. Perhaps one of the most favorite activities at Camp, the climbing wall challenges ones strength and agility while the 40 foot high elements such as the burma loops, zip and zap lines and catwalk test ones confidence and nimbleness. All 18 staff members on the ropes course are ropes course certified by an independent company and harnesses and helmets are worn by all climbers.
- Indoor Gymnasium: Our 6000 square foot recreation hall has a myriad of functions. With a full basketball court, a shock absorbent floor and an outside theater, this multipurpose facility serves as the perfect center for indoor sports, evening activities, rain day games and traditional all camp “one of kind” Mataponi events such as Girly Death Hockey, Night at the Races, Ghost Court and Jamboree.
- Tennis Courts: 8 all weathered courts. All campers learn the fundamentals of tennis from USTA tennis instructors. Private lessons are available upon request. Tennis team is open to any interested player. No tryouts required.
- Arts & Crafts: Two mirrored imaged buildings side to side create a haven for creative talent. Our 15 wheel ceramics studio boasts some of our most budding potters while the craft building is filled with projects from stained glass to mosaic tiling, candle making to paper-mache, jewelry making to decoupage.
- Equestrian Center: Our equestrian center is home to 12 horses and 2 instructional rings. Private and semi private riding lessons are offered by 6 professional English riding instructors. Riding is available to all levels.
- Dining Hall: Certainly our most unique and picturesque building, our dining hall comfortably serves all of our Mataponi campers and staff at the same time. Our 5 chefs and 12 support staff provide well balanced yet “kid friendly” meals in a fun filled spirited atmosphere.
- Gymnastic Center: Our brand new indoor gymnastics center is always bustling. With state of the art uneven bars, balance beam, vault, spring floor, tumbling space and trampoline tumble track, this facility is equipped to handle beginners to advanced gymnasts. Three experienced instructors are on staff to provide excellent training, spotting and safety measures. Private lessons are available upon request.
- Dance: Newly renovated, the Dance Studio features pine wood floors and mirrored walls. Many mediums of dance are taught to our campers including but not limited to Jazz, Modern, Hip Hop, Tap, Ballet and Zumba.Health Center: Our modern fully equipped health center has an automated medical system that tracks campers’ visits and medications. The facility is staffed by 4 nurses and a physician 24 hours a day.