Summer Internship Opportunities
This summer, let nature be the backdrop setting for your summer internship.
Many universities require students to complete an internship as part of their course work. Camp Mataponi has found many ways to tailor our summer positions to accommodate these requirements, and have created several opportunities for staff to fulfill their internship requirements while working with us.
WHAT TYPE OF INTERNSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE AT CAMP MATAPONI?
We offer internship opportunities in:
- Equine Management
- Food Services
- Graphic Design
- Recreational Park Management
- Recreational Therapy
- Sports Management
If there is a field we’ve missed, let us know and we will see if we can create a program that meets your needs.
HOW DOES AN INTERNSHIP POSITION DIFFER FROM A COUNSELOR POSITION :
Your first responsibility is working as a paid counselor. The role of a Camp Mataponi counselor is outlined in our staff section above. As an intern, it will be your responsibility to motivate yourself in completing your specific internship requirements. We want to help you achieve your internship goals; therefore, we guide and mentor you with one of our Senior Staff members to ensure you receive tangible knowledge in your field of study to successfully receive internship credits.
IS WORKING AT CAMP A “REAL” JOB AND WILL BE CONSIDERED “REAL” EXPERIENCE VS. AN OFFICE JOB
YES, YES, and YES !
The life experiences, expected and sometimes unexpected, endured throughout the summer as a camp counselor intern is guaranteed to leave you with:
- A stronger ability to communicate, empathize, compromise, problem solve …
- All critical life skills to better prepare you for the “real world”
- A sense of knowledge that you can handle anything that comes your way. Often the unexpected scenarios are the ones that leave you with a deeper appreciation for the work you will do in your future career and working peers and supervisors
- Leadership training and skills you will learn that simply cannot be learned in an office setting.
- A resume that reads you have:
- what it takes to be a team player
- the grit to stick it out even through challenging scenarios
- seemingly boundless positive energy
- compassion, integrity and stories that will keep a room entertained for hours
WHAT ARE THE STEPS TO TAKE IN GETTING AN INTERNSHIP WITH CAMP MATAPONI?
Students interested in completing an internship at Camp Mataponi must do the appropriate research of requirements and expectations placed on them by their academic department and/or university. This effort helps us to better accommodate the needs of each individual and his or her internship program requirements.
We also require that all perspective internship candidates submit all necessary paperwork to Camp Mataponi as soon as it becomes available and be submitted prior to beginning work.